Central Louisiana Wants an Active Rock Station!

Moderator: moe

jevans1043

Central Louisiana Wants an Active Rock Station!

Post by jevans1043 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

My name is Jason Guillot, aka The RedHead, former PD and On-Air Talent for the now defunt RED 104-3 KEZP in Alexandria, La. The outcrying of support to bring back the only rock/alternative radio station this market has ever seen has been amazing! There is definitely a void here for a real rock station that the listeners can call their own. Now is the time to seize the opportunity by being the person/company/investment group to give the people what they want! I am willing to help in any way possible, even if I am not involved with any new project started here. I just want to be able to turn on my radio again and hear active rock from my favorite artists. Please Help!!

jevans1043

Re: Central Louisiana Wants an Active Rock Station!

Post by jevans1043 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Gooky, that's the exact way of thinking that led to Red 104-3's demise. But everybody's entitled to their opinion. If you knew the area like I do, you might think differently.

bmedcalf

Post by bmedcalf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

To take that format off the air is one thing. To replace it with a bunch of right wing nut jobs pushing their nonsense propaganda and flat out lies is another. If I lived there, I'd boycott the station and get a group to boycott sponsors of those programs. Good way to reinforce that terrestrial radio is dead and that the listeners of the previous format should now just listen to their ipod instead or get a satellite radio.

jevans1043

Post by jevans1043 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 am

I appreciate your kind words gooky, and agree with you bmedcalf; seems the only place a rock fan can get their music fix nowadays is via ipods, mp3 players, and burned cd mixes. But it shouldn't be like that! I agree, the station would probably hemmorage money, especially in the beginning, but it could work in the long run. Red 104-3 was a 20,000 watt station that had more fans than many of the 100,000 and 50,000 watt stations around! And definitely more passionate fans and listeners! It was like an underground movement; almost pirate-radioish; a revolution for the area... I can't help it... I have to keep trying.

earln7

Post by earln7 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:15 am

Really great one and a nice information as well, Thanks.
================
online dating

scotfox

Post by scotfox » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

That is a tough one! Doesn't 99X in Shreveport come in clean in Alex? I don't remember how clear it was in your area, but if so, that's the nail (I would think)

radiomackman

Post by radiomackman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am

Jason
I run a local rock station here in Australia started off as Alt rock then a few months later changed to Active then changed to mainstream and now slowly changing to Classic. We blend Classic and Alternative with a taste of the occasional Active Rock. We don't play any "current" rock, but we are more progressive than a traditional "Classic Rock" format.
Active Rock never worked for us it was too unknown plus it is very hard to market here where classic is working well for us at the monment.