So, Integrity

Moderator: mdjmarketing

nardMuffin

So, Integrity

Post by nardMuffin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 pm

The news today says that Integrity Media sells the music part to David Cook. OK, cool, whatever. But of course I need to find the sinister.

David C Cook also has Kingsway Music. Did you know that? And Kingsway has worship music, some by artists that were Integrity artists once upon a time. Awkward.

So how does this work? Will there be any kind of mash-up or cross-over? How do you have two similar entities under the same roof? Aren't they like competitors?

jaqchapman

Re: So, Integrity

Post by jaqchapman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't see a problem. I was going to add more but...I don't see a problem.

OK, maybe I will add more. I presume that David C Cook wouldn't have taken Integrity Music on if the label was not going to be successful in its own way. And I dare say the Integrity brand that's been around for a quarter of a century won't likely fold into something else.

kemoSnake

Re: So, Integrity

Post by kemoSnake » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 am

I agree. I don't see a problem. You could go further to say that don't similar worship artists on the same worship label compete with each other? Sure it's about business and making money, but I would also hope it's also about providing a service to people and churches. Which I think is what David C Cook is really about after looking at their website.