Format health?

Moderators: shawnski, jdenver

taman100

Format health?

Post by taman100 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:07 pm

I keep hearing that Adult Hits is a dying format, and yet I see it performing well in many markets. Can someone enlightened me on the health of the format? craigpotz

rowdyron

Re: Format health?

Post by rowdyron » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm

I think this format is in good health but gets overlooked by Hot AC stations. Sometimes the two are a bit hard to separate. I have a great respect for this format and its ability to work itself into the communities it broadcasts in. I believe that, as long as it remains a staple in the community these stations will remain strong.

farmerstan

Post by farmerstan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Really?? How would this be dying?? I think that this format is fine and underdefined. Sometimes people are getting Hot AC and this mixed together. Not saying that they shouldn't be sometimes.

dieting

Post by dieting » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Sometimes the two are a bit hard to separate. I have a great respect for this format and its ability to work itself into the communities it broadcasts in. ?
GuL

cdduncan

Post by cdduncan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:21 am

The Adult Hits format is/was burnt when it signed on. Another aging PD or Cookie Cutter newby with ner the creativity to come with something new. And with the clusters doing the same thing in every city it's gonna show up trends til 6 months later when the poor listeners realize they've been duped again... that's right, sold into slavery by corporate. If you think a good segue is Sweet Home Alabama to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun you should've been an Accountant and left the Radio'ing to the guys that get it. Stale crackers radio! Die hard mega corporate clusters... any minute someone is gonna remember how we used to win by merit alone not forcing some new/old crap format down the Hockey Moms throat. Watch!